Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Baldwin Center

After volunteering at the same place a couple of times you would think that you have seen it all. I have been volunteering at the Baldwin Center for three years now and every time I have been there they have always had a new program or a different project to work on.

Today we worked in the clothes donation center and sorted everything from baby clothes to worn lingerie-imagine picking that one up. At the bottom of a bin I pulled out a neon blue strap only to reveal a very sensual undergarment customized with its own stains in unmentionable locations. It was probably the grossest thing ever--but somehow so funny.

Who would think to donate their used lingerie? How can that be okay? It wasn't even cute!

Going to the Baldwin Center has always been an interesting experience and I love going there to help anyway I can. I knew they had a lot of programs but I was pleased to find out they had about 30 different services they offered to the community. With offering so many programs I am confident that next time I volunteer I will be faced with a new project that is as memorable as the lovely donated lingerie.

1 comment:

  1. Even though you have been at the Baldwin Center before, I'm glad that you found the experience engaging.

    ReplyDelete